Home > Tours > Petra – 1 Day Tour from Tel Aviv/Jerusalem
Petra – 1 Day Tour from Tel Aviv/Jerusalem
Drive from Tel Aviv/Jerusalem to Eilat and cross the border. Trough the Jordanian desert, pass by the rock formations of Wadi Rum.
A short horse-ride leads to the Siq, a narrow canyon through the mountains into Petra and the Treasury which suddenly appears at the end of the gorge, leaving visitors breath-taken by its size, colour and beauty. Continue into the heart of the city carved into the mountains, passing ancient rock tombs, monuments and the Amphitheatre. After lunch (included) return through the border and drive back to Jerusalem/Tel Aviv
Mobile & printed vouchers accepted
Fully refundable when canceled up to 24 hours prior to departure.
Return transfers to & from the Israel/Jordan border.
English speaking guide in Jordan.
Air-conditioned touring vehicle.
Entry fees to Petra.
Border Taxes in Israel & Jordan and Jordanian entry visa - total of $140 per person to be paid on the day of the tour.
Gratuities for horse provider in Petra (for those who choose to ride). The horse ride is included in the tour price, the tip to the horse provider is not included
You have not entered all of the required information. Please select your desired pickup, or choose one of the other options on the list below
Please wait …
No reviews yet
Verified reviews powered by
• Early pick up (02:00 from Tel Aviv / 03:15 from Jerusalem) for a full day of adventure:
• Travel by bus to the south of Israel, seeing the desert landscape change color as the sun rises.
• After crossing the Israeli-Jordanian border, a 2.5-hour drive through the unique landscape, passing by Wadi Rum - which mesmerized Lawrence of Arabia - to the lost Nabatean city of Petra – one of the 7 New Wonders of the World, carved into the red cliffs over 2,300 years ago, with many of its impressive temples left pristine and untouched.
• See the mysterious Djinn Blocks, created to hold spirits and make a wish touching the stone. Take great shots of the Obelisk Tomb, then continue down the Siq Canyon - a smooth gorge until you reach the amazing, huge columns and intricate decorations of the famous Petra Treasury.
• Visit the Royal Tombs and the Petra Theater – exploring the many shrines, mausoleums, and relics of a lost culture.
• Finish your day with a long ride back to the border and all the way to the drop-off point in Jerusalem/Tel Aviv.
Not booked your hotel yet? Hotel not listed? Staying with a friend/family?
Don't worry, you can give us that information when you add this item to your cart.