Monday - Arrival
• Day 1 is arrival day. Touring begins the next day, so you can arrive at any time on any flight to Ben Gurion Airport, Tel Aviv.
• Upon arrival to Ben Gurion Airport, Tel Aviv, you will be met by our representative and transferred to your hotel in Jerusalem.
Tuesday - Jerusalem
• Start the day at the Israel Museum’s Shrine of the Book with the famous Dead Sea scrolls, then a visit to the beautifully renovated model of the Herodian city of Jerusalem, dating back to the time of the Second Temple.
• Visit Yad Vashem the official memorial to the Jewish victims of the Holocaust, established in 1953, located at the foot of Mt. Hertzl.
• Enjoy Ein Karem; a picturesque village in the south western outskirts of Jerusalem. This small village has great significance in Christian traditions, since this is where according to tradition John the Baptist was born.
• Visit Bethlehem – the birthplace of Jesus at the Church of the Nativity and Manger Square.
• Return to your Jerusalem hotel.
Wednesday - Jerusalem
• Enter the Old City of Jerusalem where you will see the Western Wall and the actual site of the Second Temple, the Temple Mount.
• Walk the Way of the Cross, the Via Dolorosa, to Calvary and the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, housing both the traditional site of Crucifixion and the Tomb of the Resurrection.
• To the southwest, just outside the Old City, is Mount Zion, with the traditional tomb of King David and the Room of the Last Supper.
• Enjoy the spectacular panoramic view of Jerusalem - the holy city for each of the world’s three great religions – Christianity, Judaism and Islam, from atop the Mount of Olives.
• Visit the Garden of Gethsemane where Judas betrayed Jesus.
• In the heart of a neighborhood in downtown Jerusalem, visit Mahane Yehuda to experience the flavors, aromas, colors and the traders' interaction with the crowds, at the largest open market in Israel.
• Overnight in Jerusalem.
Thursday - Beit Shean / Golan Heights / Tiberias
• Leave Jerusalem and drive north passing by Jericho, the oldest city in the world.
• Travel through the Jordan Valley and the new settlements to Beit Shean, to visit the excavations of this beautifully preserved Roman city.
• Drive up to the Golan Heights to enjoy an Israeli wine country experience, enjoying a tour, wine tasting and understanding of the wine production process.
• Travel through the Golan, with its Druze villages, former Syrian fortifications and panoramic views of Mount Hermon and into Syria.
• Descend to the Hula Valley and drive to Tiberias on the shores of the Sea of Galilee - regarded as one of the four Holy cities in Judaism, where the Jewish Talmud - the primary source of Jewish religious law - was compiled, with tombs of Rabbis scattered across the city.
• Overnight in Tiberias.
Friday - Sea of Galilee / Nazareth
• Along the shoreline of the Sea of Galilee, proceed to Capernaum, to visit the ruins of the ancient synagogue, the Mount of Beatitudes, traditional site of the ‘Sermon on the Mount’ and Tabgha, the traditional site of the ‘miracle of the loaves and the fish’.
• Optional sailing on a boat across the Sea of Galilee to experience the tranquility and scenery little changed during the past 2000 years (subject to conditions and extra fee if available).
• On to Nazareth to visit the Church of the Annunciation and Christian holy sites.
• Return to Tiberias for overnight.
Saturday - Acre / Haifa / Caesarea / Eilat
• After breakfast drive through the hills of the Galilee, westwards to Acre (Akko) for a visit of the old, famous Crusader stronghold and medieval fortifications.
• Continue to Haifa, ascending Mount Carmel for a panoramic view of the city, including the Baha'i Shrine, Persian Garden, and Haifa Bay.
• Proceed along the Mediterranean coast to Caesarea to visit the Roman Theater and the Crusader fortress at what is known as the “masterpiece of Herod the Great”.
• Continue to Ben Gurion Airport, Tel Aviv for a short flight to Ramon Airport, Eilat and transfer to Eilat, the Red Sea resort.
• Overnight in Eilat.
Sunday - Eilat / Petra / Tel Aviv
• After breakfast leave Eilat, Israel and cross into Jordan at the Arava border.
• Drive to Petra through the scenic Jordanian desert, passing by the Wadi Rum area.
• Enter the Rose City of Petra through the Siq, a narrow passage through the mountains that has inspired people for centuries.
• Up to the Treasury which suddenly appears at the end of the gorge, leaving visitors breath taken by its' size, color and beauty.
• Continue into the heart of this ancient city carved into the mountains, passing hundreds of tombs and monuments and a spectacular Amphitheatre, which once held 3,000 spectators.
• Exit the city and stop for a sit-down lunch in Wadi Musa - the new town of Petra, followed by a visit to Moses Spring before leaving.
• Drive to Aqaba for a short city tour, before returning to the Arava border and back to Ramon Airport, Eilat for return flight to Ben Gurion Airport, Tel Aviv.
• Transfer from Tel Aviv airport to Tel Aviv hotel for overnight.
Monday - Departure
• Departure to Ben Gurion Airport for international flight.
Please note that the sequence of the tour and sites visited may be amended due to circumstances at the company’s or the guide’s discretion.