Our 4 day Highlights of Jordan tour departing from Israel, offers an in-depth visit to the major highlights of the Hashemite Kingdom.
Visit the colonnaded city of Jerash - City of the Decapolis; Amman - capital of the Kingdom; Mount Nebo - with Its breathtaking views over the Jordan Valley and Dead Sea; Madaba - to see the famous 6th century Ancient Holy Land Map and Petra – a World Heritage site, where the Siq Canyon leads to the Treasury (El Khazneh), the field of tombs, obelisks, the altar, amphitheatre and much more. Drive through the stunning landscapes of Wadi Rum on a desert safari
Mobile & printed vouchers accepted
3 nights hotel accommodation on bed and breakfast basis.
Transfers from/to Tel Aviv/Jerusalem major hotels on departure and return.
(Return drop off also available at Ben Gurion Airport - depending on flight time).
Sightseeing in a modern air-conditioned touring vehicle.
Services of a Jordanian government licensed guide.
Entrance fees as per the program.
Visa Waiver (arranged by us - free of charge).
Tipping for guide, driver and hotel staff.
Beverages with meals.
Border Taxes & Border Shuttle transfers - Israel & Jordan.
(approx. US$60 per person - paid on tour - subject to change).
While most nationalities receive tourist visas on arrival, certain nationalities require visas arranged in advance to enter Jordan.
Please check with the relevant consulate or ask us to give you the information.
transfer to and from Jordan was perfect.We were a small group of 7 and had friendly and good drivers. The tour guide was fantastic. Nice hotels and the places we went to were just beautiful.
March 19, 2023
transfer to and from Jordan was perfect.We were a small group of 7 and had friendly and good drivers. The tour guide was fantastic. Nice hotels and the places we went to were just beautiful. reviewed by Mr Michael Klevenhaus
Day 1: Sheikh Hussein Bridge - Jerash - Amman
• Drive from Tel Aviv and Jerusalem to the Sheikh Hussein border crossing for procedures to enter Jordan.
• Proceed to Jerash - city of the Decapolis, located about 45km north of Amman in the fertile heights of the Gilad. Visit the ancient Roman city with colonnaded streets, the baths and the hill of the top Temple.
• Drive to Amman for a panoramic city tour of the Jordanian capital including the Citadel and Roman Amphitheatre.
Overnight in Amman.
Day 2: Amman – Mount Nebo - Petra
• After breakfast drive to Mount Nebo, from where Moses viewed the Promised Land. From here you will see the Jordan Valley, Jericho and the Dead Sea.
• Continue south along the Desert Highway to Wadi Musa, the modern village of Petra.
• Enter the site of Petra and walk, or ride on horseback, to the "Siq" (Canyon).
• Walk through the "Siq" to the red rock city, the ancient capital of the Nabateans from 3rd Century BC to 2nd Century AD.
• Visit the most interesting carved monuments such as the Treasury (El Khazneh - a tomb of a Nabatean king) then the field of tombs, obelisks and the altar. From this point you can view the whole of the rock city.
• After the visit, return to Wadi Musa for overnight.
• Overnight in Petra.
Day 3: Wadi Rum - Madaba - Amman
• After breakfast drive south to the towering mountains and rock formations of Wadi Rum, which mesmerised Lawrence of Arabia.
• Drive through the stunning desert landscapes on a 2 hr safari in open Bedouin trucks.
• Drive north to Madaba to visit the remains of the Byzantine church with its ancient mosaic floor map, the oldest surviving original cartographic depiction of the mosaic map of the Holy Land and Jerusalem.
• Overnight in Amman.
Day 4: Amman - Sheikh Hussein - Jerusalem - Tel Aviv
• After breakfast, leave the hotel and drive to the border.
• Cross the Jordan River and drive back to Jerusalem and Tel Aviv.